Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our first night without Scotty

Ok, so for our Valentine's Day Eric and I decided we were going to go get a couples massage. So I thought that seeing as how Scotty's going to be 3 years old in 2 weeks maybe we could start getting him used to staying at my Dad & step-mom's every now and again. But I was a little leary about having him stay there, because my Dad is going through radiation and Scotty is, to put it mildly, a handful! So we talked to them about it and they said Sure no problem. My brother Rol was there with his son, Triston who is 5 months older than Scotty, so I think that helped a lot. We dropped him off at their house just before 2:00, when our massage was. After our massage we went around to a few store, just wasting time, and got a couple things for Scotty and went back over to drop them off. Then we left again, and came home and had dinner and a night to ourselves. We played guitar hero, Mario cart, played around online, with out interruption! Finally decided it was time to go to bed, and that's where it got hard! We usually read a little before we go to bed, and Scotty is usually there in bed with us wiggling around and pointing things out to us, but he wasn't there! So...that's when I started crying, I told Eric I missed him, and he said "Well, do you want to go get him then?" We didn't, and he was fine, and so were we! He had a good time playing at their house.


The boys helping Nona make Valentine's Day cakes for me, my sister Roni, aunt K.Kay, and Grandma D. Scotty is on the left, Triston on the right. (grandma in Italian, my step-mom is Italian and since my grandparents are still alive there are 2 grandma & grandpa Vogan's, so we call her Nona)

I love this pic of Scotty!!

Decorating the cake for me!

Sleeping with cousin Triston. He woke up in the middle of the night and wanted the horsey's. They are sleeping above his head!

The boy's watching movies and eating Cheetos waiting for us to come back.

3 comments:

Tyann said...

How fun for you, Mary! I would kill for a night with no kids! I would kill for an hour with no kids! :) You'll have to let us know when you come down. My number is 592-5494, if you want to call and come over. We love having visitors!

Holly Hugh said...

see you all survived!!

Jason and Michele said...

Yay for your night away! Looks like we both got a little mini vacation last weekend!