Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Church Calling

We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him. We will “stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places” (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live the Young Women values, which are: Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue. We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values, we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

Ok, so if you're LDS then you recognize that as the Young Women's logo & Theme, at least I hope you do! I have been called to the Young Women's presidency in our ward, as secretary. I am so excited for this calling! I thought that being ward librarian with Eric was great, it was prefect for us. But Heavenly Father is pushing me out of that!! We'll see how long Eric lasts now!! We must have gotten too comfortable with it! Two of my best friends up here were in the last Presidency, and I know they will help me with anything if I need it, along with the other members of the new Presidency. One of the ladies I visit teach is the President, and she is 85 years old!! But she is perfect for this! Her counselors are two ladies I am so happy to work with too. One's husband is in the Guard, and the other has a little girl the same age as Scotty. So this is a big thing for me. I'm a little nervous, because having been converted to the Church about 5 years ago, I've never been to Young Women's, so I don't really know how everything goes and all that. But I know Heavenly Father puts us where we need to be and where He will use us to help ourselves and others, and am grateful for this!

5 comments:

jaclyn weist said...

Congrats! That's exciting. :) You'll do great!!

Tony and Whitney said...

You are going to be amazing! I was so excited to hear that you'd be in the new YW presidency! I was in the same position you are in when I was first put into young women's. I was a convert, so I didn't go to YW, but I learned quickly. You'll love it!

Kristy Stoner said...

OH YA!!!! I wish you could be in my presidency!!! You will be amazing! Good luck and have fun!

Kaycee said...

Mary! How fun!! I've always wanted to have a calling in YW, but I am still stuck (ha ha) in Relief Society. I'm sure you'll be great!

Tyann said...

I know you'll do great! I loved being in the Young Women, and I always felt so blessed in that calling.